Emmanuel Community School is a Christian single form primary school in the heart of central Walthamstow seeking to serve their diverse and vibrant local area. The school has a strong community basis and have established a ‘good school with outstanding leadership’ as stated by Ofsted in their inspection in 2014 and 2018.
Summary of key findings from Ofsted report:
- Outstanding leadership by the headteacher, leaders and governors has established a good school within a short time.
- Pupils make good progress from starting points which are often well below those typically found. Progress is improving rapidly as a result of the good teaching pupils receive.
- Teaching is good because staff have high expectations and activities offer effective challenge for pupils to develop their understanding and skills.
- Provision for pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is excellent. It is embedded in the subjects taught and in the ethos of the school.
- The school takes great care to ensure pupils’ safety. Parents and carers confirm this view. The school is a caring and nurturing place in which pupils behave well and get on well with each other. Pupils and adults care for and respect each other.
- The headteacher and the governing body are very ambitious for the school and have secured sustainable improvements in teaching and achievement over the last two years. There is a clear vision for further improvement and a strong determination to bring this about. Plans for improvement are well thought out and carefully monitored. They are reviewed and adjusted as the school succeeds.